Wednesday 1 October 2014

business as usual.


NastyGal Crop Top | Zara Skort | H&M Wool Coat | Louis Vuitton Monceau BB Bag | ASOS Chelsea Ankle Boots
Photo Credit: Vincent Wong

I have to say I've never been one to feel too lonely. 
Even when I'm on business trips, I love walking around the city by myself:)
But my first night in Chicago, was actually the first time I'd ever eaten dinner alone. I don't mean eating instant noodles at home 'alone'; I mean eating at a restaurant 'alone'. 
I'm sure this isn't a big deal by any means, but it was a life experience for me.

I walked into Avec, a restaurant I scoped out for some fine eats, hoping to just slip in at the bar. Obviously on a Friday night the place was packed. Luckily, arrangements for a 'Party of 1' could easily be made. They promptly seated me at the end bar about a few centimetres away from where the hostess was standing. No complaints; at least I didn't have to wait an hour like everyone else.
So I sat there with basically just my tiny Monceau BB bag as my only companion. 
I scoured the menu while diligently looking around and texting my best friend. I'm not going to say I almost hyperventilated, but the dude next to me totally gave me a wierd look. 
You see, when you're a middle-aged man dining at the bar alone, people probably stare at you and think 'Hm, that guy's on business'. When they see a girl, like me, who looks like she isn't even legal to drink, they think 'wow, she must be a loner'. Okay, may be not.
But it definitely wasn't the most comfortable feeling in the world until I got lost in the food. Literally the best dates, chorizo-stuffed medjool dates to be exact, I've ever had in my life #mindblown. 
And a drink or two didn't hurt.

Yup, just another adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment